Changing receiver from Arcam to?

Hi

I have a Vandy HT system, Hsu VTF 2 sub. (2Ce, VCC-1, VSM-1) with Toshiba DVD as source, and Arcam AVR 200 receiver. Interconnects is MIT Terminator. Speaker cables is AQ Type 4.

My buddy is taking my receiver as he needed a good 220V receiver and I have to replace my receiver.

I am also thinking of setting up my computer as my transport and hopefully also play SACD and DVD A on it (not sure if that is possible).

Receiver wise

1. I can replace with another Arcam 200 or upgrade to a 250 or 300. I am not sold on Arcam, like the sound but don't like that I cant input SACD, DVD A digitally plus not sure it will handle bass.

2. Buy a receiver like the Pioneer Elite with iLink and either get Pioneer Universal or try to to link with my computer with Firewire.

3. Buy a cheap receiver with digital power amplification (think its the way of the future and has gotten increasingly better reviews) hopefully with a way to input SACD/DVA digitally but even if not I can sell and upgrade easily in a year or two.

Given all of these, which of these, or other options should I consider. Don't want to spend the money on separates as in a HT system get 80-90% of sound with a receiver much cheaper.

Thanks a lot for advice

Shriram
shriramosu

Showing 1 response by mt10425

You might consider B&K. I've heard the AVR 200 and I like my upgraded 307 better. More power, better bass mangement.