CES update 2009

Tomorrow, I will begin to share information about CES 2009. I just got back late tonight and will try and post a few pics and give a few highlights of the show. There were a lot of good systems and a lot of fun. Initial highlights were of course the MBL system, the Boulder Wilson system, my overall favorite for a few reasons I will detail later, and the Avantgarde System which was a surprise for me as I am not a horn fan as a general rule. The Boulder Wilson combination made me feel I could live without tubes...a big thing. It was really that good.....more later....
jallen

Showing 1 response by tshulba

I thought the best sounding system was the Wilson's driven by the LAMM ML3 tube amps, i would agree very sedate but smooth and lovely sounding. The Vandersteen room with the big and expensive Clearaudio linear tracking turntable ( $150k) was the second best. The Magneplanar room was impressive for such tiny speakers , but we had to wait close to an hour to get in to see them then were quickly rushed out cause some important reviewer had only a few minutes so the whole group of us were thrown out before we could ask any questions or have them play some of our music , very dissapointing since i own Maggies.
Rodger Sanders electrostats were also nice sounding even though the room was not very well setup.
I also thought the Soundsmith Strain Guage cartridge was an interesting setup even though the sound in the room was nothing great.
Todd