CES update 2009

Tomorrow, I will begin to share information about CES 2009. I just got back late tonight and will try and post a few pics and give a few highlights of the show. There were a lot of good systems and a lot of fun. Initial highlights were of course the MBL system, the Boulder Wilson system, my overall favorite for a few reasons I will detail later, and the Avantgarde System which was a surprise for me as I am not a horn fan as a general rule. The Boulder Wilson combination made me feel I could live without tubes...a big thing. It was really that good.....more later....
jallen

Showing 1 response by stanwal

If it were a perfect speaker nothing would change but the volume. In the world we actually inhabit some sound wonderful at low to moderate volume [LS35A for example] and others only sound good when they are cranked up. It's another of the many choices we make. The trick is to chose the speaker that matches your listening habits. When I was a Quad dealer a customer insisted on the Quad 63 even tho he was an acid rock fan who listened at volumes that would deafen a rock. I also carried the Nelson Reed, which would play at 120 Db. but he wanted the Quad. You know what happened [several times]. Know how you want to listen and chose the speaker that will do it.