CD vs. SACD vs. DVD-Audio vs Vinyl vs...

Which format do you like the most, or find to be the closest to the original master tapes? Or, if you attend live concerts (or play and instrument), which format do you prefer and why?
wenterprisesnw
Mike, first you say he has to SHUT UP,the he has to THINK BEFORE HE WRITES, then you say he has to GO!!!! which one do you want him to do? Carl is a lot of fun on this site,I didn`t feel he hurt any body by his statement, he didn`t call names to anyone,he just likes to pick some times, no harm to any one!! I know he`ll get on me one day , so what!! if I want to, I`ll tell him to stuff it, he`s a BIG BOY he can take it. He has always said he was sorry if he hurt anyones FEELINGS, HE JUST HAVING SOME FUN. BE A BIG BOY AND LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!!!! Greg
As i said earlier, Carl "pump's" blood, into this otherwise "dead" subject, and if you cannot take it, just "get-off the next station". Thank you! P.S. "...firecracker" was funny!
Carl is full of verbal garbage, if he was half the man that Greg suggusts he would show some restraint.
Thanks VERY MUCH for the support, Eldragon and Drumsgreg! You guys are very nice people, and astute audiophiles! Mikeam, please GET OVER this vendetta. I'm not out to try to keep people from posting on here (that WOULD be bad). Mike, I'll be more than happy to refrain from replying to any of your posts (positive or negative), if it will help you better express your thoughts on here. I'M ALL FOR A HIGH MINDED DISCUSSION OF ANY TOPIC RELATED TO AUDIO, so by all means, put something good on here. We'll all be better off for it. BMP-Martin: Sorry for letting you have it, but I honestly didn't feel any more rude than you seemed to be, and I was trying to inject humour (as usual). I don't see how you could take anything personally, BUT IF YOU DID, I sincerely apologize. SEEMS TO BE A RECURRING THEME FOR ME.........HOW'S THIS? I think a good topic for discussion would be for us to critique and discuss a magazine review we have read recently. If others have read it, it would be interesting to share our opinions on it. I think John Atkinson has had many interesting thoughts at the front of Stereophile recently. A discussion of Michael Fremer's reviews could get really interesting. Jonathan Scull is a tad pretentious, and seems to be wrong a lot, BUT HE USUALLY REVIEWS THE BEST EQUIPMENT. ANYWAY, JUST A SUGGESTION...I realize we all have less time to read reviews than we used to, perhaps...
In the interest of moving on, I will say that when Carl sticks to the subject he is interesting and well informed, even if he is outspoken. But, big boys don't have to resort to insults to make their point. This only serves to undermine the spirit of this site and then the only thing thing pumped into the discussion is venom. I would welcome his input again if he can return to the subjects and refrain from unnecessary hostility.