CD-RW works on Sony 9000ES

I found a CD-RW blank that works on the Sony 9000ES player.

It is the "CD-RW Platinum" made by Memorex (650MB/74min.).

I haven't found a CD-R that works yet, but there is a difference in reflectivity between the CD-RW and most CD-R's. I got my CD-RW's at Best Buy.
128x128darrell

Showing 3 responses by abstract7

I think Ranstle may have a good point here. My HP is the 8200 series--so there is a difference there. I will keep you all posted.
I have tried this very CD-RW and could not get it to play. It would read the disk and knew the number of tracks--but would not play. Most of the brands just return an error. My pioneer plays just about everything (CD-R, CD-RW all brands that I have tried). I tried to find this information from Sony--they were of no help and told me it is beyond their scope. You can see their full response under "Best and Worst Customer Service" in the A-gon forums.
Bmpnyc--it could be. It's an HP CD writer plus. I don't know enough about how the hardware actually burns the CDs to know if there is a difference. It works well in the Pioneer players I've tried it in. CD-Rs work well in almost all of my CD players. So far no luck on the Sony--the software in the Sony could be the key--but Sony has offered no help in even answering my questions. I will contact the dealer and check for software updates--there weren't any posted on Sony's website.