CD Cutting and / or Trimming

I haven't seen any discussion concerning this (although there probably has been a thread or two). I'd like to know what your opinions are regarding CD cutting (Trimming). Is it noticibly beneficial or is it just another opportunity to spend money.
pkemery
Coincidentally, I have been seeking opinions on this device as well. Since it is not new, it doesn't draw much attention or discussion. No hype, feedback is positive.
Hi: There has been much discussed on this subject previously. Searching the archives will bring a wealth of information. One of the very best can be found here:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ddgtl&1051384332&openusid&zzBuscis2&4&5#Buscis2
I would add I have used the lathe for some time. We have demoed it with a number of friends blind (for what thats worth) and in every case, the lathed disc was preserved. I don't believe you can lathe an sacd however. It is not inexpensive. If you have more questions drop me a note

gary
You may want to search out Sean on A'gon, I know he has a trimmer and will provide you with all you will ever want to know. I am pretty sure he is a proponent of them. Inexpensive? Not so sure, I think you are talking 5 bills at least.

Regards,