Cary CAD-211AE tube rolling

I have done a search but have been unable to find a similar thread. I am after opinions from people who have tried tube rolling their CAD-211's.

I have replaced the standard Chinese output tubes with a quad matched set of Shuguang Psvane 845's from Grant Electronics. They took a long time to burn in, but once they did they are a definite improvement over the stock tubes. Wider soundstage, more detail, and better dynamics.

I have also replaced the no-name 6SC7 input tube that came with my amp to an Electro-Harmonix 6SC7, and then a vintage RCA 6SC7. The EHX was a downgrade from the standard Chinese tube, sounding muddy despite burn-in. The RCA is a definite improvement, with much better micro-dynamics, resolution, and a more lush presentation.

I am now after a new 300B. I would like to try the KR, but these are now very expensive. Emission Labs make a few (including a drop in replacement for the Western Electric 300B) - these are available in plate and mesh forms.

Cary 211 owners - what 300B's have you tried in your amp? Or for that matter, what tubes have you tried?
amfibius

Showing 1 response by ebagrivet

I know this is an older post but I was also hoping for some experience or suggestion on the 300 B for the Cary 211 FE