Cary 306/200 and the Logitech Transporter

Looking for some advice from those who have experience with the Transporter and the Modwright version. I am a little reluctant to give up my cd player but thought about buying the Modwright Transporter.

Then I had an idea (I know dangerous). What if I bought the stock Transporter and ran it through my Cary I could potentially have the best of both words.

Question: Is this a good idea or would I be better served selling the Cary and buying the Modwright.

Any and all comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Steve
revrob
Mrpaul

Did you ever use the stock Transporter with the Cary? If you did what was the results. Do use a cd player at all or do you just use the Modwright?

I am looking for as much information as possible.

Thanks.
I have a Cary 306-200. It is a good player. I had it upgraded by Dan at ModWright. It then became a very good player. I then bought a Squeezebox and hooked it up through the Cary DAC. The Cary as a stand alone player was better. I then bought a ModWright Transporter. Now the Cary 306-200 is in my closet. There is no comparison.
I use my Cary 306/200 as a DAC. I found that the digital stream sounds great especially with a good sound card. I use an RME card in my PC.
No one has a comment or can direct me to any other threads that might have had similar experiences?

I would appreciated.