Carver 275 Crimson tube amp --- any feedback appreciated

I have a Platinum modified McCormack DNA .05 and a Pass Labs First Watt F5 with which I drive my Spatial Audio Hologram M4 Triode Master speakers.  I have sworn off tube amps in the past, but I am intrigued with this new amp from Bob Carver.  Wally Underwood as well as Jimclarkstereo in Illinois are now selling them for about $2500.  I have never doubted Bob Carver's audio engineering genius.  I would be keen to get a 75 wpc tube amp and the price seems very reasonable compared to similarly-powered tube amps.    

I would be interested to hear what you lads think of this new amp.  Thanks for any input you can provide.  
whitestix

Showing 1 response by mijostyn

Whitestix what does it matter anyway. All us 65 year olds are deaf as a door nob. You got cataracts yet? My first year on Medicare has broken both Uncle Sam's an my bank.
We joke about the Fuzzlinear 700 but I had one and at the time it was insanely good. It highlighted how bad the Crown amps were and that SS amps had a future. Carvers current amps are no different. They show us how good and reliable a transformered tube amp can be and as always at a reasonable price. Go for it! I really would like to hear his line source loudspeakers. I'll bet they are not far off the ESL line source mark.