Cartridge for vpi Aries scout with jmw9 tonearm

Hello all,
I recently handed my trusty original rega planar 3 down to my son who is building a system. I purchased a used vpi Aries scout with jmw9 tonearm. Any suggestions on a cartridge that is a good match with this table/arm combo? I have always used a Denon 103r and like the sound, but wondering what else is out there that might be worth a try. Open to both mm and mc. 
Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheers
skipper320
You might as well ask what cartridge do you use and do you like it.  The VPI arms are compatible with almost any cartridge out there.    

You might also want to consider using the VPI second pivot accessory.  If you do some looking you might find that it can increase the SQ of almost any cartridge.  I find that mine makes setting azimuth extremely easy.  Some think it's the most important cartridge setting.  
On that tt I’ve used a Sumiko Blue Point Evo 3 and a Soundsmith Carmen 2, I had to buy an additional head shell weight for the Carmen that was about $5 on eBay.
The Sumiko favored the top end more than the Carmen on my system so it will depend on your other equipment and the sound you are seeking. There are lots of great buys on gently used cartridges here and other audio sites.
I can tell you from personal experience having owned a Scoutmaster that Denon 103r will NOT work even with a head shell weight. I even had to use the head shell weight with a Shelter 501 MKII.

Gerald