Capitole MKII Phase controller ..0 or 180 ?..

Im confused on what this phase controller is and where it should be applied.. I do here some difference when I play with it but where does one utilise this feature ?

thanks....Matt
mzn50

Showing 2 responses by golden_ears

Some people have preamps or amps that invert phase. So, they would have to invert phase on the CD player to compensate for that. As already mentioned, some CDs are recorded improperly or mastered improperly with inverted phase.
It's usually easier to detect inverted phase in tracks with a vocalist. If it sounds like the singer is recessed behind the speakers or the background instruments seem closer than the vocalist, try the phase button. If the vocalist comes forward, you're in the right phase.
Hey Unc!
I don't know if you're confused about the abilities of the Cap II, or about phase inversion....?
Simply put, phase inversion is occurring when your speaker drivers are operating in reverse. They pull in first, then push out the sound, instead of firing forward first like they should. It would be the same thing as if you switched your positive and negative speaker leads at the speaker. Everything would operate backwards.
Does that help?