Can the Rega Elex-R Drive It?

Hi all,

i have have a very specific question to pose here.  I have a newly acquired Rega Elex-R that I’m looking to pair with a good pair of bookshelf / stand-mount speakers.  

My question:  Will this amp sufficiently drive a pair of 4 Ohm, 85dB speakers?  

For clarity, I’m considering a pair of ELAC Adante AS-61 stand mounts. I’m a bit worried about overwhelming the amp as it’s not super beefy.  I don’t play at tremendous volumes, but I will have a to fill a rather large room (no, floor standers are not an option—bookshelf is a design constraint). 

Thanks

eightytwenty
Thanks for that. I actually saw the 4 Ohm nominal spec on a seller’s website, so maybe that was a misprint. 

In in any case I realize that I’m starting from a fairly non-ideal point ruling out floor-standing speakers from the outset.  Can’t be helped in this case unfortunately. 

I’m also open to recommendations on other bookshelf options that might be a bit more sensitive and could still have a large-ish presence. Need to cap at $1500. 
Damn forum error lost my long answer.

Klipsch RM600 is very good at good price.
If I was buying, I’d try the 60 day trial of the Tekton Impact Monitor at $2k delivered.
No affiliation to either, but in that price range, I would be tempted by either the Reference 3A MM deCapo-i or PMC Twenty5.21 in the for sale section here.
FWIW, I have the Elex-R driving a pair of Dynaudio Focus 110 (the older version- 4 ohm and 85 dB) and it does fine.