Can I use a subwoofer with an Accuphase E-202 amp?

Hey
I am wanting to get a subwoofer to fill out my Acoustic Energy Aegis One's (I will upgrade speakers once I renovate my listening room)
I use an Accuphase E202 amp which is turning 40!!!!!! this year which is quite amazing when I think about it.
Anyway does anyone on here use a subwoofer with an E202 and is it possible?
Where do I hook the sub into? the "Pre out" or do I need a high output speaker cable from one off the speaker outputs?
I live in fear of blowing my amp up if I get something completely wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
sfissure
Hey thanks for the replies you have cleared things up for me.
I think I will give it another go with a decent sub this time as the one I tried before apparently got left out in the rain so I'm now told.....eeeeekkkk
That might explain the problems my amp was having with it and not the connections.
Thanks again
Post removed 
The only active subwoofer that I know that can take an output off an amplifier is those made by REL. Are you looking at a REL?
Sorry i should have mentioned I am getting an active subwoofer.

So the pre out is where I should connect it? the reason I'm confused is because someone told me I needed to get a "high level speaker output cable" (or something like that) and connect it to the speaker outputs because it's an old amp.

I connected one to the pre out before and everytime I turned the subwoofer on & off my Accuphases build in trip switch shut the amp down for a split second.
I would not try to power passive subwoofer a long with a pair of speakers at the same time with an Accuphase E-202. I know it is a pretty powerful quality amp but that is a lot to ask for the Accuphase to power all that. I agree with Brf. Get a self powered subwoofer and connect the preamp output from the E202 to the sub. There are lots of ways to hook up a sub to the E-202 with your speaker set.

Good luck.
Why not just get a self powered subwoofer and run it from your pre-amp outputs?