Can I put receiver and CD player on top of my sub?

Is it ok to put my receiver, cd player, and dvd player on top of my subwoofer? It is a big sub (15" getting 200 watts), the width and depth of the cabinet are long enough to provide a solid base for the electronics. I'm just worried whether vibrations from the sub will damage my electronics. Assuming CDs and DVDs don't skip, is this safe? I would really like to do this because it would be space efficient for my bedrooom.
eighthcircuit
Ok, I get it now, electronics on top of subwoofer = bad. How about this, can i put my receiver and cd player on top of a mini-fridge? Yes, I am being serious. The motor for the fridge is at the very bottom, so i'm thinking this might be ok. I should probably put this in another form section since now there are no speakers involved, but hell, i might as well keep this thread going
Hey to be honest, you can do whatever you want and or need to do with your gear, if you do need to put it on a fridge because of space, you may want to try your best to put some vibration cones underneath, maybe you wont even hear any problems (I cant ever tell how well you hear)
Best of luck.....Chad
Can't you install a wall shelf....doesn't necessarily need to be an audiophile shelf like a Target, but I would think any sturdy MDF wall shelf would be a preferable alternative to putting the equipment on top of a fridge or subwoofer.

Good luck.
You can try isolating the equipment from vibration, using thick felt or isolation feet, but I would think your CD player would be more prone to skip at high levels. Also, depending on the quality of the subwoofer cabinet, some panel resonances might find sympathetic parters within your amplifier or CD player.
(buzzing from the sheet metal boxes, screws becoming loose etc...)

Generally speaking, I seriously doubt that your electronics were designed or tested for this type of placement. Crossover networks seem like a good comparison, but they are in fact designed to withstand vibration.
Let's see... a wall shelf above the sub?! Wished I'd thought to mention that before we had to endure all this unrelated crap. What's the big deal? Eighthcircuit, you need to conserve on floor space, I got that part of it. Could the sub vibration be an issue? Hmmmm... Possibly. Why not just keep from having any/most possible problems by decoupling the electronics from the sub by way of an auxiliary mounting? Good luck. Enjoy!