Can I Degauss my vinyl ?

Some people use the Walker Talisman to demagnetize their records. Can I use a 110 V electric degausser used on televisions to do the same? the cost for one of these is $20 as compared to the Walker @ $250.00+
128x128blueskiespbd
Since the last post on this thread has anyone tried a tape head demagnitizer and were the results positive?
Ok I have been using my hand held demagnitizer (tape bulk eraser) on these particular versions of records in my collection that have accentuated treble ( The Who- Who's Next MCA masterphile, Tommy, Sell Out , Ted Nugent CSF and the Dixie Dregs Industry Standard and the initial results are in. YES! a resounding yes. Positive. Eye opening or should I say ear opening. At first I was skeptical having heard about it from a Michael Fremer review about 8 years ago. The curiosity finally overwhelmed me. Boy I wish I had known and tried this earlier. The single best tweek I have experienced bar none. After treatment every note was the most profound note ever struck until the next one and the next one with me anxiously waiting for that next note. It was like analog on acid with me hearing a whole new sonic landscape. I can now imagine how it is justified by spending 3 grand on a dedicated device. My procedure is as follows with a Radio Shack bulk eraser. To protect the record I laid it on an album sleeve with another sleeve on top to protect the record as you need to get as close as possible with the unit. I used the unit as I would on a tape deck. I also did both sides.
  Ok ok I'm being serious now. Back to earth and not the way over the top and dramatic description as the above. I might (BEING THE KEY WORD) might have heard a high frequency mellowing on CSF and the Dixie Dregs. The science states that there is practically nothing on the record that would react to any degree. I might try a couple more.
I also have diminished hearing and it was hard to tell.
Oh well it was fun.

I once colored the edge of a CD with a green felt tip pen, and was amazed at how much better the CD sounded.  I then removed the green, and it sounded better still.  I reapplied the green, and even more improvement!  I removed it again and was amazed at the increased clarity and atmosphere.

At that point, rather than assuming that each step actually made a real difference, I stopped believing in nonsense.  Audio memory is flawed.