Can a cheater plug ever damage an amp's pwr supply

The amp is a Classe 301....can a cheater plug ever supply an incorrect voltage?
darrylhifi
Tim, sounds like you've got more voltage on the equipment chassis than you should have. This can be an easy situation to fall into with "two prongers". Try reading this thread and see if it helps at all. Sean
>

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?htech&1014011751&read&keyw&zzac=polarity
Tim please follow Seans' advice you may have a potentially lethal situation there. I presently ground all of my stuff, but I wouldn't hesitate to lift grounds as required to eliminate hum that can't be cured in any other way. Just always be well aware of the 'potential' for personal harm, which in your case does definitely exist; BE CAREFUL! If you measure with a voltmeter between those 'tingling connections' you'll probably read something close to 100 volts. Try reversing some AC plugs while trying not to induce any hum. If that doesn't help then try an inexpensive isolation transformer like Francisco uses; do a search for membername = Psychicanimal; he has posted on the subject.
Mike, I had to tease you, we have not spoken in a long while.

I keep hearing wonderful things about your products, I guess I am not surprised considering the pleasure I have had with the ones I owned.