Can a Bluesound Node 2i power supply really be upgraded?

I mean...by improving its components, not with a YOUR preferred streamer brand...;-)
Sure, you can upgrade the C-7 power cord. We all get that.

But, what about the power supply.
I only see 3 options:

1. Fidelity in UK
2. Some dude in Poland selling on eBay
3. Rumors of Teddy Pardo making one for the Node 2i.

It has to be DIY for the first two and not really what I'm looking to do with my streamer - I mean, if i'm going to to a DIY LPS upgrade, I'd like it to be easier to buy.

Anybody know anything or actually made it work?
ianrmack

Showing 2 responses by adg101

Question is, if you spend the money on the the new board and a quality linear power supply, are you adding $600 or more to it? Might be better to look at another option. I have a Vault 2 and I’m considering moving on to a Lumin U1 Mini, which I’d probably still throw on a Teddy Pardo. Shame BS didn’t just build these devices with the cheap external switch supplies. 
I’ve not come across anything for the Vault II, not IIi or might try it. I use a Teddy Pardo on my DAC and am I strong believer on power supplies... I’m a big fan of Walt Jung. I’m tempted to pop the case and see if it would be a simple affair. Half tempted to see if Teddy Pardo would take a stab at it and even ship my Vault II to them.

I do agree the BS sounds really good as a streamer, but I’m really curious what’s the next best cracker. None of our local shops carry anything in stock unfortunately, so I have nothing I drag home to compare.