Cambridge Audio Lifecycle

Dear,

Does someone have an idea when CA will release a new version of the 851N or CXN v2 ?  I think the 851n is on the market since 2015, the CXN v1 idem, the v2 since 2018.  That's at least what the firmware release notes are telling me...

Looks like new functionality (e.g. Qobuz support) was added to the more high end 851N, but not to the CXN v1 (released in the same year).

I'm interested in their streamers but since streamers are all about software now, I prefer not to buy 'older' products and risking to run out of updates soon.  Been there with my Minx Xi, but ok, I can accept it from an entry level device.

Thanks for any remarks or recommendations.

Best regards,

Wim

wkestens
My impression is, very few companies give dates for new products before they are ready, or very nearly ready, for distribution. The companies don't want customers to avoid buying the old product and wait for the new one.
I can understand it from a commercial point of view only.  They also don't have a lifecycle policy for feature & software updates (like e.g. Microsoft or Samsung for their Android phones).  I can understand that this isn't necessary for a lot of audio components but the ones running software and connecting to the internet should have this.