Cables for ML380S/ML332/Res Aud CD-55

Looking for advice/experience with cables for ML332/ML380S combination and Resolution Audio Cd-55. Speakers are Dunlavy SC-IV's and speaker cable is Kimber Bi-Focal XL. I have been using Magnan VI balanced between ML332 and ML380S. Thanks for the advice and recommendations in advance. Best wishes, Bill E
lakefrontroad

Showing 5 responses by carl_eber

Hey Bill, thanks! That makes me feel better about passing up on some Cardas Golden Cross ic's this past week. I think I should focus more on Discovery Essence, I'm trying it now, and really like it.
And you think that somehow, by attacking me personally, that helps Lakefrontroad? WHY ARE THE ABOVE 4 POSTS HERE, THEN? I submit that not one of you owns the same system as lakefront, either. I will never be shamed for trying to help someone, nor will I be discouraged here. You guys need to lighten up a little bit, and stop whining. You embarass yourselves, yet again, and are actually much more "opinionated" than you think I am (and it counts much less). Hypocracy is nothing to be proud of, but have another round, and come back to embarass yourselves again anyhow. I can't wait to see if I can laugh any louder than I did this time!
I love the MIT 330 Shotgun Proline with my CD50 and Krell. Unbelievable power, resolution, musicality, snap, you name it. If you're in the southeast anytime, come by for an earfull of music!
Paragon Radiant speakers (5 inch "mtm" w/Dynaudio drivers), or Magneplanar MMG's in a smaller room. I have not had a Levinson amp in my home, but can't imagine that this MIT interconnect would not get the best out of it (mine is a 2 meter run, and it IS likely that a much longer run would not sound as good...nobody ever gets to do an endrun around insertion losses, no matter what bs they sling). But then, you can't know ahead of time, before you try, so get started. Rent cables from friends, or The Cable Company..............Of interest, Kimber Bi-Focal is not a silver cable, it is all copper. The only silver Kimber speaker cables that I'm aware of, are 4AG, 8AG, KS 3035, KS 3038, and 88. Also, I have Purist Audio Colossus power cords; but as good as they are, I preferred the Synergistic Reference Coupler power cord, to all others I've tried with my Krell (including FIM and Shunyata). I'm holding out for a used one of sufficient length.......Also, I can't imagine why you would prefer using the Levinson linestage with the CD55 (instead of driving the amp direct with it), unless it is just really wimpy compared to the CD50 that I have. When driving either of my amps directly, mine has the dynamics of life, even of an "avalanche"!! Also reminds me very much of analog. It beats everything I've heard by a mile, systems costing many times what mine costs. It need only be left on a week or two, and then look out! It's astoundingly good. Perhaps you could sell your CD55 and 380S, buy a CD50, and spend the savings on some "real" cables, IMO.
I haven't done enough back and forth direct comparisons yet, but from my memory, these may be what I've been looking for.