Buying a Vintage Mcintosh: Tips?

I found a local seller that is offering a Mcintosh MC-7300 (released 1991, 300w x 2). I have seen the pictures and the amplifier looks to be in great shape. That said, when purchasing a vintage amplifier, what are some of the things to look for in order to minimize the chance of buying a lemon?

Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks.
lastgoodbye
If I were in the market for a vintage piece, I would start by looking for a product with a proven track record like McIntosh. The second step would be the availability of qualified technicians, parts etc. to modify or repair the piece should the need ariseĀ…again McIntosh. I am not technically trained; therefore, I could not test a unit other than listening to the unit in question.
Thanks. I am not technical either. Other than listening to the amp is there anything else to check that would indicate a potential down the road problem with the internals?
the mc7300 is indeed a classic. there is a7300n and 7300w...narrow and wide. no difference in sound, but the 'n' is more rare.
Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. I ended up purchasing but then cracked the front glass faceplate when pulling this 80lb monster out of my car. Anyone know where a replacement may be available?

Thanks!