Buchardt S400 Special Edition speakers -- any impressions?

I have been a devotee of Spatial Audio speakers for several years, thinking I would never move on from them. However, I heard these speakers in a system with a great front end last year and was blown way with the tonality and detailed soundstage they presented.  I got a pair a week ago and they are really excellent speaker for $2700.  They clearly go deeper in the LF than my Spatials and have a tremendous soundstage, with pinpoint accuracy of the instruments.  They perform similar to the Dynaudio C-1 Contour and Joseph Audio Pulsars for a fraction of their cost. 

I'd be keen to see if anyone else has any experience with them. 
whitestix

Showing 2 responses by uncle_monkey

IIRC, they require a minimum of 100 hours play time to come to full bloom. Check back in!
I've only heard one negative review on these. But I have heard from those who've had both the S300 has even more bass (which I can see). Most *do* compare it to Dynaudio (makes sense given its DNA), so in comparison, seems to be a bargain.

I was considering a pair when I was downsizing. Then, I suddenly moved and am looking at something a little larger. Go fig. Enjoy!