Bryston B60 - Is it worth it?

I’m newbe in hi end. I bought used Bryston to be the heart of my system as reference device. Recently I find review in hifichoice http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/archive/perl/475_printreview.htm . It describes Bryston as amp with sound problems. I’m wondering if it reason to be a stereophile grade B not a grade A amp? Or it related to much higher priced amps? Or it not so good amp and only this guys are honest? Many people who used and made comments about this amp on audiogon already sold it (at least I understand so from messages). They unhappy with amp? Should I go for another amp? Any comment will be appreciated.
It for small bedroom 9” x 11” with no real preferences yet.
vlad
How does it sound to you? This is the most important thing to consider. If you already own it and it works well with your other gear, then keep it. I read the British mags quite a bit, Hi Fi Choice has given not so great reviews on some products that get glowing reviews in the other publications. Bottom line: trust your own ears, go with what sounds good to you.
Vlad,
I owned a B-60 for 2 1/2 years. It performed flawlessly and never failed to sound great. The only reason I sold it was to get into tubes and even then I had planned to keep it for a second system until that was vetoed by my live in girlfriend. A great way to cheaply upgrade the sound of the B-60 is to get the Missing Link replacement jumpers from Tara Labs in place of the stock copper bars. Enjoy!
Vlad:
Bryston is a good company and they stand behind their products.

Don't worry about the sales on Audiogon. That is the very reason for this site to begin with. Their will always be sales of all kinds of equipment on this site because people have different situations that come up in their lives. Many of those Bryson sales could be to people upgrading to larger Bryston amps.

This site is like the NASDAQ for audio and video equipment. It gives everyone a chance to experiment with High end equipment and know that there is always an aftermarket value for it.

Anyway, I have been told by a local Bryson dealer in my area that Bryston is a very neutral sounding amplifier. It excels at reproducing the signal fed to in with exceptional accuracy.

I would think that is the goal of all high end amplifiers, but I guess the Bryston is better at this area then most.

That is until you put up up against a good tube amp.
Agree w/ above. Heard nothing but nice things about the B60. Especially in a room that size. NAD 370 is nice too. One for sale under 500 at audiogon now.
Vlad,

All comments above are right on. I owned a B-60 for a very brief period but sold it. At that time it wasn't a good match for my other associated equipment, but I don't fault the B-60. …Anyone who knows anything about audio won't make all encompassing statements about products. Some combinations sound great while others are lacking.

Bryston has a well deserved wonderful reputation and warranty. Their circuit designs are exceptional. When one considers what they're getting for the $ (in an integrated) the short list often starts with a Bryston B-60. As a last comment there's something about the B-60 (perhaps due to its simplicity of design & relatively low power), which allows it to be very quick and surprisingly powerful, yet delicate.

So... as others have said use your ears. ...Take it home, listen to it with your gear, and then see if it’s for you. The warranty almost makes it a no-lose proposition.

Mike