Bryston B-100 question

I have B&W 804 speakers and considering purchase of Bryston Integrated B100 & CD Player BCD-1
Would that be a good match
I have read conflicting opinions
Some say musical others say lean & cold
Thanks
AP
fishing716
I think the B100 is based on the 2BSST ... if the store has one of those in stock you could listen to with your speakers it should give you some indication of how the B100 would perform
If this is any help, I have a pair of the 804S and when I was looking for an amp and cd player, both of the Brystons you mentioned were on my short list. I did end up choosing the Bryston CD player, but the amp I purchased is a Simaudio I-7 integrated. I preferred the sound I was hearing from this amp. This, of course is subjective, and someone else could find the opposite to be true. I also liked that it had a little more power (150 vs 100 WPC). but this may not be an issue for someone else. Also on my short list was a McIntosh 402 amp/C46 preamp. This would have stretched my budget a little too far for comfort, so I did not make this choice. I have lived with my system for 8 months now, and I am enjoying my music very much. Maybe the Mac/Bryston pair would be just a little nicer to my ears today, but the Simaudio/Bryston pairing works very well with the 804S's and I have no regrets in my decision. Had I not heard the Simaudio, or had it been beyond my budget, I would probably be saying the same thing about the B100, as it was also a very nice unit. The dealer I have purchased most of my system from always told me "whatever makes your toes tap", and that is good advice. Just as the comments that preceded this are good advice....try that combo with your speakers...in your own setting if possible, and if it makes your toes tap you have your answer.
I have the b100 bryston. To really hear what that rig can sound like it must have amp stand and vibration control. Anything I tried underneath was marginal. What is huge upgrade is placing 6 mi garrand 8 round military full metaljacket ammo clips mounted with bullets facing down,2 in front,4 inback all inline facing center with about 1lb 3 inch flat brass in middle.Pointed all brass copper bullets only,no flat tip lead.Absolutely blows away stand alone amp. Incredible new soundfield,unbelievable new treble clarity and reach,like different amp for almost no money. It should be installed by bryston at factory.