Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits

is one of my all time favorite CDs. Does anyone here in Audiogon also enjoys this CD and knows of any similar CDs you can recommend me? Thanks.
sweet_joe
I've always loved Dire Straights too, and have benefitted greatly from all of your suggestions.

As to JJ Cale - IMHO, he's one of the most underrated artists of our times! I had the pleasure of seeing him live back in '95 or so at a very small forum in Kansas City. Not to turn the thread, but does anyone know of any well recorded JJ Cale disks? Most of his CD's are a bit murky to my taste.
Peter Gabriel "So", is not unlike "Brothers In Arms" because it is more mainstream than all of their previous albums. Both albums have a bit of satirical social commentary, great dynamics, along with some dark and moody tracks with guest appearances by other singers (Kate Bush, Laurie Anderson and Sting). Stylistically, however, of course, they are different, but it is worth a listen.
You know you have a good post when you get 15 responses in the first 2 days. Knopfler's virtuosity as a guitarist in all his work has is no secret. His work as a vocalist and producer, however have never been better than his latest "Sailing to Philadelphia". Skip the 1st track and enjoy the rest. It's been my reference CD for 6 months. My personal favorite is "Last Laugh". Good contributions by Van Morrison and James Taylor are also done tastefully.
Hi gang-
Does anyone agree with me that "Baloney Again" from "Sailing To Philidelphia" is one of the more interesting Civil Rights songs they've heard? The lyrics just blow me away.
As for the well-recorded J. J. Cale, it's really tough to find a great one, but "Troubadour" is my favorite. It's kind of a hodgepodge of cuts from various studios, but some are pretty decent. My big complaint against J J isn't his laid-back musical style, which I really enjoy, but that it seems to carry over into the recordings as well. I guess his music is more for realxin' than hard listenin'. :-)
And, if you're gonna listen to Peter Gabriel - which I highly recommend - you just gotta try some Talking Heads! Or The B-52s, one of the all-time great dance bands.
Happy Listening!
Ed
Bah..... Mark who?? Dont interrupt my Cyndi Lauper with your silly advice.
Just go buy the latest Back Street Boys CD and give me all your vinyl :>)