Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits

is one of my all time favorite CDs. Does anyone here in Audiogon also enjoys this CD and knows of any similar CDs you can recommend me? Thanks.
sweet_joe
Hi-
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention a few other Mark Knopfler albums. The Dire Straits album "On Every Street" is, IMHO, better than "Brothers In Arms." Also, the first Mark Knopfler solo LP, "Golden Heart" is very good.
If you like live albums that are well recorded, try the Dire Straits double LP "On The Night" or the hard-to-find European Mark Knopfler solo live "Break Of Day." They are both very good.
If you're not tired of MK yet, try one of his collaboration albums:
"Neck And Neck" with the late, great, Chet Atkins.
"Missing... Presumed Having A Good Time" by Mark & a bunch of his old school chums who call themselves The Notting Hillbillies. Both of those are country flavored, but very well done.
If you like cajun-flavored rock, try one of MK's buddies: "South Of I-10" by Sonny Landreth, quite possibly the best slide guitar player in the world.
Last word. (Promise) Try any album by any of these artists, since they have yet to release a bad album amoung them:
John Hiatt
Lucinda Williams
Marc Cohn
Richard Thompson
Keb' Mo'
Long winded, but passionate...
Ed
Knopfler is one of my fav rock guitarist and his style (lyrics,delivery,guitar) reminds me a lot of J.J. Cale. You might listen to him if you haven't already.

Knopfler has some great stuff out with Chet Atkins and the Notting Hillbilles which is a nice laid back Country recording.
Egoss bullseyed with on the night. Not many bands can do it live but this one is pure bliss.
I really like M. Knoppfler's "Golden Heart", and glad to see the Subdudes and JJ Cale mentioned. I've been really impressed with XRCDs lately-- thanks for the reminder re Dire Straits. I think I have everything JJ has done and his latest "Live" album ROCKS---- gonna' have to dig out the subdudes soon too. Cheers. Craig