Brinkmann vs TW Acustic

Was wondering how these two German manufacturers compare.
Bardo vs Raven One
Oasis vs Raven GT
LaGrange vs Raven AC
Is there a unique sound signature that goes up with the range? Which is a better value? (i.e. maybe the Oasis is better than the Raven AC)
Have heard both in show conditions, but could not pin-point their contribution to the end result as the rest of the system was unfamiliar as well.
iaxelrod

Showing 6 responses by sunnyboy1956

These are all outstanding TTs and you can't really go wrong no matter what you choose. Trust your own ears and audition before you buy.
All the best
Pradeep
I am just plain curious...why does any thread related to TW draw such passion ? I know it's a good TT and I am glad I bought it, but heck it's not that great a deal...
Cheers
Taudio
Well said.
Boys are boys and we must play with our toys but it would't hurt to play as sensible and mature adults...
My apologies for the pontification...
Moonglum
Probably the most sensible post on Agon or anywhere else I've read in a long while. It would do good for many of us opionated, egotistical audiophiles to realise the harm that we can easily cause a small enterprise with our superiority complex. Don't like a product , don't buy it....no need to run down what you don't like....
Have a great weekend
It's unfortunate the turn this thread has taken. It's a pity that most TW threads end up this way. The OP asked an innocent question regarding a comparison between two reputable brands. I suspect he had no clue this would lead to so much bile.
A little over a year ago I was happily plying my TW AC1 when I turned for upgrade advice to Dgad and Dev, the only two known practioners /owners of the TW Black Night on Agon.Thanks largely to the sensible advice and encouragement from these Gentlemen I took the plunge and added the Black Night 3 way motor and PSU to my TW AC. It was an expensive decision and I am happy that I made. It would be churlish of me not to thank and acknowledge Dev's fulsome praise for the TW BN combo and for nudging me in this direction along with Dgad.
I am unable to fathom what went so wrong......?
Ct0157
FWIW my TW AC with BN PSU and 3 motor unit takes 8 seconds for the platter to come to a complete halt after pressing the stop button and with the tone arm at rest