Boulder monoblock 2150

Looking at the new Stereophile Magazine. Has anyone noticed the "32 Amp IEC Cord" on the back of the amplifier?  

N
nutty

Showing 4 responses by knghifi

orpheus10 
Now we seem to have an abundance of 20K tonearms, and 10K cartridges, plus speakers and amps costing over 100K. Personally, I don't believe their systems sound any better than a long time audiophile's rig who has spent a lifetime obtaining the knowledge required to have a good sounding rig, while those who purchase 10K cartridges, and 100K amps are only involved in the most expensive, not necessarily the best.
If you repeat it enough, it will be TRUE!

The rich has the talent to generate wealth but can't assemble a high fidelity system.   Are you serious?    Is it brain surgery?

I've been helping a local audiophile with deep pockets assembling his 1st high end system and it sounds excellent.   He buys everything new from one local BM.  He's already planning to upgrade his 6 months brand new VAC SigMKIIa SE to a VAC Master.  
What sensible audiophile would pay 100K for an amp, even if he could afford it? Or maybe that's the wrong question. I don't have any idea who would pay 100K for an amp, do you?

Does that deep pocket audiophile plan to buy a 100K amp when he upgrades?
Rob, an audiophile lives ~2 miles from me is a CEO.   Last time I heard his system was Rockport Altair 2, full loom of Stage 3 cables, VTL Siegfried II mono and remaining is Ypsilon.   Last summer he upgraded Altair to Arrakis.   He demoed Ypsilon AELIUS II but was under power so he ordered Hyperion mono. It was ~$90K but with a strong $ today, ~ $69K.

He has a nice home, travel all summer, fleet of fancy cars ... good for him!

The new audiophile caught the upgrade bug big time.  He's remodeling his basement to a sound room, adding dedicated outlets ... It's his $$ so why do I care? 

To label rich audiophiles lack the knowledge to build a high fidelity system is just ignorant.   They simply have more disposable income to build a SOTA system.  

The simple economic explanation for high prices, there is demand otherwise company would got bankrupt.  The problem is you are not keeping up with the Jones and getting priced out of the market.   You have 2 options, enjoy what you can afford or improve your financial situation.  All the whining is pathetic!!!
One reason very wealthy people rarely have a high-end system may be that they aren’t as passionate about music as are we.
99% of my friends are not audiophiles and consider Bose high-end. At least 90% are NOT wealthy and majority live check to check. I would agree there are fewer wealthy audiophiles due to fewer in proportionate to the lower income.
@bdp24 I'm breaking my own rule here, but holy crap. This administration is taking it to the next level.
About time!