Boulder monoblock 2150

Looking at the new Stereophile Magazine. Has anyone noticed the "32 Amp IEC Cord" on the back of the amplifier?  

N
nutty

Showing 10 responses by dlcockrum

It is not the spending behavior of the nouveau riche that is deeply troubling so much as the fervent ire created within others due to imaginary machinations.

Dave
Hi o,

My response was not aimed at or limited to your post, my friend. The fervent ire I described is occurring across this forum with increased regularity. Look beyond this thread to the others regarding Wilson speakers, SR fuses, speaker cables, power cords, power conditioners, and on and on.  

Many whom have never tried or even heard these products are foaming at the mouth to proclaim their ridicule of the products themselves and, more disturbing still, those that have and found success in their implementation. Why would that be if not for a manifestation of something other than audio interests from deep within?

Dave
Honest and fair thoughts on the subject, bpd24. We all struggle with it I believe, an angel and a demon on opposing shoulders, whispering in our ears.

Dave
"I have no problem with extreme wealth, except with how it is corrupting our democracy."

Has it not been so for at least 100 years in the US and even to the beginnings of civilization worldwide. Nothing new under the Sun.

Relevancy to audio? Not much. Plenty of great gear out there at affordable prices.

Dave 
Hi o,

No doubt there are those buyers out there. The folks with resources to afford the best that participate on this forum seem to me to have a solid understanding of audio and are usually helpful, approachable and well-intentioned audio enthusiast seeking the next rung on their own audio ladder.

Stereophile’s recent review choices are indeed fair game for scrutiny. I haven’t read one for years. Since I tend toward the past gems of audio, I do greatly appreciate their archives of past reviews and tests. The key is to know which reviewers to trust.

Today’s excellent yet ultra-expensive equipment usually becomes tomorrow’s upgrade path for me at a fraction of the cost when new, given enough time.

Dave
Wonder how many have unknowingly described themselves in that 1% number?  lol

Dave
"But that doesn’t explain why musicians generally have terrible---and I mean absolute garbage..."

If true, that would be a good topic for discussion. Let's leave the socioeconomic stuff for another forum. ;>)

Dave
"When some of us old timers were growing up, there was very little (interesting) programming on TV..."

Not much has changed except the explosion of the quantity of uninteresting programming. lol ;>)

However, the immersion experience from our stereos was much greater than our B&W TVs or even the 19" color picture tubes in our father’s console TV. We could only get somewhere close on our Saturday trips to the local theater for the matinee.

Much different today plus TV programming is designed to require little cognitive effort to participate.

Dave