Boulder 1108 Phono Preamplifier vs 1008

Hey Analog fans,

I have an opportunity to purchase a new Boulder 1108 and has anyone made direct comparison of these 2 specific pieces? Please focus on these 2 models only and nothing further since I have tried the 2108 and this is where I would like things to be...thanks

rapogee

It sounds like you have already made your decision. Very few of us are going to consider Boulder equipment as it represents rather poor value given it's high price. It is excellent equipment, but I do not feel like buying a megabuck, CNCed chassis. 

Well I have not decided anything yet between the upgrading option since I am seeking some advise from any who have experienced these two models and if you are a boulder fan which I am not, I just like their phono preamp (going 10 years now and it has not been superseeded) since I have tried most out there and the list is way too long. 

PS: I am actually not a fan of the big bulky machined chassis as well since I would have easily sticked with my Klyne reference phono but what is actually inside the Boulder phono preamp is special :)