Bought some `Vintage Gear`

On a whim and a hunch, I bought some old gear locally. 

Marantz 500 Amp
Marantz 3300 preamp
JBL L200B Speakers

The gear is 46 years be old!!!

It sounds WAY better than I thought. I had a blast tonight. Played it for wife and kids (who think this hobby is rediculous) and they were super impressed.

Anyone every had a similar experience? 

Maybe bc will get a reel to reel next

pawlowski6132
I went back to some vintage stuff: 
Scott 460A, looking brand new, 40Years old!
Technics SL1210 MkII
Technics RS1500 US about 40Years old too.
I had a pair of Bose 301 II but my partner found them ugly and don't want to see them, so I got a pair of KEF Q550 which are pretty good.

I am quite satisfied overall but I'd like to try a more serious amp. I'm amazed to see that no one I mentioned my amp has heard about Scott in the UK. I thought they were pretty big in the 70's in the US though. Not sure if it compares to Marantz or Luxman. The best I ever used was a Setton Preamp+Amp PS5500 and BS5500. Extremely rare now.
You might find it hard to give up that gear 😁 I love my vintage amps and speakers. I use a knight built in '58 nearly every day in my bedroom system and a Fisher x101b from '62 paired with some jbl L80t3's when the fancy strikes me. The Fisher still retains one of the fabled telefunken 12ax7's (in the phono stage) too !!!! IMO there's nothing new with most modern amps.
Nice! Love the vintage stuff. I’m working on my own collection of old junk. 😀
I bought a new 3300 Preamp and 120 Tuner from Marantz back in the 70's. Besides sounding great you had the secondary benefit of a beautiful look. Enjoy!!
I have the Marantz 3300, pair of JBL 4430's driven by a Music Reference RM 9 Tube amp. Nothing beats vintage audio equipment IMO. The 3300 is a great Preamp. I have a Teac A-3440 Reel to Reel which I rarely use. I also have a Pioneer CT-950 High end cassette deck also rarely used. I recommend finding a Sony CDR W33 if you can find one. You can burn your own CD's with that. It's also a very good sounding unit.