Bose 901 Series V Questions

Please no Bose bashers.

#1. Has anyone ever listened to these speakers backwards ?

( with the 8 woofers facing you )...interested in your opinion regarding sound ...good or bad ?

#2.  Can the color of the drivers be black as well as blue ?

I am running my Bose Equalizer between Amp and Preamp...Is that a good way ?

Thank you 

rocky1313

I had and liked a pair of 901's from 1972 til 199?..when the 500W Bose amp shorted for a second time, taking out one of it's channels and frying all the drivers on that side.  Replaced with Vandersteen 2ci's.

I use the remaining speaker for my back surround in normal v to the wall, to spread the sound as intended...use the HT AV amp room correction to replace the equalizer.  Works great but of course there's only occasional sounds coming from the back channel. (surround music CD's/DVDs are fun).

I’ve had my 901’s for many years now, and still enjoy them. But recently I swapped out the equalizers (I have two pair) for equalizers from Deer Creek Audio, and WOW!  I’m hearing details I’ve never heard before. (A new preamp also undoubtedly helps). I listen to both music and movies/tv, and as part of a home theater setup, they work great. 

I got to be on a first name basis with the apartment manager and a few of the local constabulary with introductions handled by a pair of 901's. They were hung from the ceiling in the reflex position. As I recall the Bose pre ran through an SAE 2100L and then into A Stereophon amp, and then into a Phase Linear after the Stereophon blew. I think listening to Led Zeppelin through a pair of 901's at 11 should be on everyone's bucket list. BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed my 501's for years, and I wish I had them back.

Post removed