Bookshelf speaker for an apartment

I rented a 1BR apartment as a 2nd home and want to upgrade my speakers.  I currently am using Totem Mini's through a Denon AVR-X6200.  My speakers in my main system in my home are Sopra 2's.  Due to Covid I am unable to audition speakers but have read good things about the Focal Chora 806, Aria 906 ane the B&W 707.  I would like to keep the budget under $1000 for the pair but go a bit higher for the right speaker.  I welcome suggestions.  Thank you.
selectfpr

Showing 1 response by 213runnin

This thread went about as they usually do, many suggestions which all offer very different sounding results.  Which sound will the OP like?  Hard to say, but a few things should be kept in mind;

With a 1K budget, some really great sounding options are possible, but you'll be in a category of transparency where everything starts to matter to the end result sonics.  Speaker cable, interconnects and amp.  I've got a 5 yr old Denon flagship AVR, the 4520, and I hope that the Denon X6200 has better 2 channel performance than my 4520 with Totem Hawks.   AVR's are best for movies, not music.