Book Shelf Speaker advice - Formerly Book Shelf Dilemma

Hello all. I posted this earlier under the title Book Shelf Dilemma. Thank you to the many who replied with excellent advice and suggestions. Some responders asked about the room dimensions and as I investigated the suggested speakers I concluded that the room dimensions and furniture set up may be important to consider. So, I am reposting with a schematic of the room which shows the Bay Windows and furniture as well as a note that the insulation between my apartment and the unit below is marginal. I make this point with the understanding that a Sub Woofer may be good to include.

Note: I want to position the speakers along the Bay Window facing back into the apartment and dining/kitchen area. Most of my listening is done from this area.

Budget - $1000.00 (with stands would be a bonus)

Amplifier - McCormack DNA 0.5
Pre - McCormack ALD-1
Source - Cambridge 851N - Spotify Premium
Music preferences - fairly eclectic
Jazz (Bony James, Lee Ritenour, Paul Harris, Bob James)
Female Vocals (Eva Cassidy, Duffy, Sarah Jarosz, Nadine Anderson)
1980’s Rock (Emerson Lake & Palmer, Yes, Dave Mason)

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice1

Ray

128x128raydecraene

I'm seriously impressed with the Dynaudio XEO 10.

They're active. They're compact. They have real bass. They sound fantastic. The XEO 10 are unquestionably fullrange. 

Most other passive bookshelf speakers don't have as much bass. 

I also listen in my living room, sometimes while doing other things.  If I were in your position, I would try KEF Q350s with some good stands. As has been said, there are many choices, but my experience with $1000 stand-mounts is limited to the KEFs and a pair of used Nola Boxers, which were wonderful but now hard to find at $1000. 

Have fun, and good luck!

Hello and Happy New Year!

This is a follow on to this post and I was not sure if this should be a new post or follow on.

Thank you for the many suggestions and advice regarding my speaker quest. I am currently evaluating two sets of speakers:

Kef 101 Reference Book Shelf
LSA Signature 50

I have found both to be pleasing in similar and also different ways. I have another system at home with Kef 104.2, McCormack DNA 0.5 and Manley Jumbo Shrimp pre. I find the Kef 101 to have a similar warm sound as my 104.2 setup and want to see if adding a sub to both the 101 and LSA 50 setup will make a defining difference for me. 

Question: Can and how should I best implement a sub into this system:
McCormack DNA 0.5 Amp
McCormack ALD 1 Preamp
The ALD 1 connections are pictured below.

I have three different Subs I can try:
Klipsch KSW10 - has speaker terminals
JBL CSS11 - no speaker terminals
Vintage MK V-1B - allows both speaker terminal or pre-in connection

Should I be posting this as a new question?