Bohlender-Graebener Radia 520

Has anyone have these speakers? I have an opportunity to purchase these and I am wondering how do they sound? The speakers I own now are Energy Veritas 2.3 , Vandersteen 1c and Ohm Walsh 3. The amps I have are Jolida 1501 BRC, Jolida Black Ice Audio  F11 and Integra Pre/Arcam p1000 amp. I read some reviews on 520i but I could not find anything on 520.I will be mostly using in my living room as 3.1
128x128manizkrishnan
I heard these in a 5.x surround system. They were the side/rears. Mains were Monsoons.  I heard them at shows quite a few years bach, too.

If you're a planar person you'll be happy. If your not a planar person you'll be happy. I really haven't used anything I liked as much as planars. 

The slim profile really isn't affected by BIG bass as much as normal round drivers are. Planars are fast, very fast. They can have a brightness if your not aware. HF treatment in a room is something to think about. If you have  lot of really blank walls, they will show you all about it. 
They do require a good amp, not a lot of watts, though.. 

I've had RD75s, Strathearns, and have, Neo 8, Neo10, and Monsoons neo 8s, All in different builds. This model has 50" of planar. That will fill a pretty good size room...

I'd inspect them look close, make sure they aren't stretched, they should look good, if not walk away.. Pretty high SPL too, they can play amazingly loud, protect those ears...

Regards
Thanks for the reply. The seller does not let me audition and he wants to meet at apartment parking lot. I may be able to inspect them. 
Yea inspect the planar as much as you can top to bottom.  Once you get hooked on the speed and accuracy it's hard to go back.  The only problem is it's a single driver.. If one takes a dump .LOL You got a great center speaker..Might be tough to find a replacement. That being said there are still a few sources, in the US that have a few surplus or NOS, drivers.

They also went through a big company buyout or something, so the new stuff is through the roof price wise. It use to be reasonable, now...double the price from 2 years ago..

Regards

Thanks. I am going to pass. I don't like bright sounding speakers and I don't have any sound treatment at my living room. I like planar headphones. Once I listened to Audeze headphones, I couldn't go back to dynamic headphones. 
What was the guy asking $$$ wise? It's like anything else, takes a bit of getting use to.  I'll never go back, 35+ years now..

Regards
Price doesn't matter. He cannot demo and he wants to meet at his apartment parking lot. He says they are working fine. If these are traditional speakers, I would buy them. Since I have no idea how these sound, I could not buy them without listening to them first. My wife also was mad about putting these in our living room. So I had to pass ☹️
Yea, tall slender beauties, always tick off the partners..
LOL I don't blame you a bit.. 

Happy hunting..

Regards