Bob Carver tube amps

Hello, looking for Carver amp info the read out there is a little sketchy. Is that place still in business? And who is actually making the amps? Do the have a factory in the Pacific Northwest….I live in the Pacific Northwest so I could drive there if I had a problem.

I need a tube amp for my Klipsch speakers, you tube heads out there is this the brand I should buy or is there a better option?

I can still remember in the 70s when my father in law went to the factory and grabbed me a Phase Linear amp and preamp off the factory floor..I had more problems with that thing, once and a while it made a super load pop when you turned it on..

silverfoxvtx1800

Showing 5 responses by fisher_400

Avoid Bob Carver amps The Crimpson 275 that is rated at 75 watts per channel has 15 watt audio transformers under the big transformer cans. It only made 15 watts per channel.

Try LIne Magnetic LM-5081A  48 watt single ended amp. About $2500. Change preamp tubes to Tung Sol 6SU7 from 6SL7 and Sylvania ^SN7GTA for best sound.

In the Bob Carver I stated output transformers, but all traqnsformers are in question The power transformer is rated at 180ma and 265 volts into a voltage doubler so less than 90ma is available per calculations on a power supply simulator. And the rated filament 6.3 volts current is rated 6.4 amps with an 8.45 amp load. Do you understand it now?