Bob Carver new tune expected

Any idea how his electronics are. I know ships speakers are awesome..look like crap though. 
nyaudio98
I have had a lot of experience with Bob and Carver equipment. Spoiler alert, I love the gear and deeply respect the man. 

My first piece of Carver gear was “The Receiver” that a friend gave to me. This was a big step up from the Goodwill gear I assembled over the years. The receiver produced great sound, copious power and looked great twenty years after it was made. 

A few years later, I found a C-1 Preamp at a stereo resale shop. This piece of gear amp introduced me to the concept of audio “darkness”, no sounds were added or subtracted. Later, I had Roland modify it and the sounds became more pronounced and vivid. 

About five years ago, I bought a Carver modified Eico HF-81 integrated amp on eBay. It was my first journey into the world of tubes. It looked like new and produced a great tube listening experience. After a couple years of use, I noticed some noice on the left channel. I remember that Bob gave his famous “Lifetime” warranty so I reached out to him through eBay. Ten minutes later I received a reply from Bob, giving me his cell phone number and asking me to call at my convenience. Talk about prompt, personal service.

I called Bob, and he couldn’t have been more patient or gracious. He said I could send the amp back or he would walk me through a couple of fixes over the phone. Within minutes, he diagnosed the problem (corrosion on a knob) and helped me correct it. I was back in love with the Eico and gained a ultimate respect for Bob. 

As a newly minted Carver fan, I eyed his most recent creations, The Crimson 350.  I contacted Wally at Underwood and he offered that I could test a 350 at Bob’s lab, if I as interested. I jumped at the opportunity, and a week later I was sitting in Bob’s easy chair listening to the 350s through his new line source speakers. I spent a couple of hours with Bob talking about music, gear and everything else. I loved the monoblocks, and bought them. They are in my A+ system. They have replaced McIntosh, vintage Fishers, and HH Scott gear. 

I realize that Bob is a blend of many talents, physics, electronics, audio and promotion. My recommendation is to first listen to the gear and then you will appreciate the man. 
danstein,

Thank you so much for that information. I still have the 400w cube amp from the 70’s, I use it in my pool table room. I also owned Carver M-500’s amps and my brother owned the holographic preamp. Recently, I have talked to Bob on the phone many times.

BTW, some tweaking that I have done with the Raven 350’s is:
I changed the 2 input tubes to Telefunken and I put 1.6A SR blue fuses in it. Both with outstanding results.

What did you think of the line source speakers? I just ordered them to go with my Raven 350’s amps.

ozzy
Hi Ozzy. 

I liked the line source speakers a lot. They are very dynamic. They are very different from my Cornwall IIIs. If I had a room big enough, I would put them on my wish list. 

Let it me know what you think of them. 

Dan
It always perplexes me to hear from disgruntled customers complaining about reliability of amps that were made in the 70's or 80's.

As far I'm concerned Carver now makes some of the best tube gears out there. And I'm not a huge tube fan.  In most cases I prefer solid state.