Bluesound Vault 2i vs. Meridian Media Core 200 for first music server

Looking to add a music server to the dedicated 2ch system to make it more user friendly for my better half and to have the whole cd library at my fingertips.  I'm curious to hear any opinions on the pros/cons of a NEW Bluesound Vault 2i vs. a USED Meridian Media Core 200.    What I care most about is the sound quality and reliability. 

In my system i'd be using the internal dac of each unit and output via the RCAs to a JRDG concentra integrated.  

Appreciate the feedback as I try to become a bit less of a luddite....
wrtickle

Showing 3 responses by uberwaltz

I no longer have my vault but I remember trying Amazon and I thought it operated right inside Bluos.
Sure somebody with current usage will chime in.
From what I understand the sq increase on the node2i is due to improved wireless networking circuitry so yes it is feasible you would hear a difference.

As the vault has always been hardwired internet only I do not think the vault2i will have as much of an sq improvement.
Been using a vault 2 for near 2 years.

Few more things to add to the already fine points and comments made.

It really is near enough an all in one digital source. You can stream any number of internet radio stations, Tidal, Quboz, Deezer etc.
You can access your NAS at any time as long as you set it up to point in the right direction, all info easily found on Google.
You can attach a USB drive that contains music and access all of that too.
You can stream another device to it via Bluetooth so having that library of music too.
And of course the CDs you ripped to its own internal drive.

Backup is as simple as plugging in a compatible 2tb USB drive and selecting full file backup in the settings. You can continue playing music while it is doing this.

Continuous updates to both the player and the Bluos app over the net all automatic.

Good customer support, usually reply to emails in under 12 hours.
It’s internal DAC is ok but you can do much better with an external one but has to support full MQA unfolding if you intend to stream Tidal MQA( you have to!). I use a Mytek Brooklyn DAC and the SQ floors me at times!

The Bluos app is available on both Apple and Android products and works flawlessly imho.

You really do need to spend 3 times as much to better it imho.

Oh, yes i do like it a lot.... Lol.