Biggest Sonic Improvement

What is the biggest sonic improvement you have ever made to your audio system. Mine was a surprise to me. I replaced my Audioquest PT6 tonearm on my VPI turntable with a VPI JMW Memorial tonearm. The improvement in the sound nearly knocked me off my feet. I never realized a tonearm coud make that much difference in sound. How about some of you guys, what has your most exciting improvement been.
slowhand
A phono step device/and cartridge for my mass market Sony tt and (yes) into a reciever's phono input.The step up & cartridge were bought used.the brand?? The still highly regarded Fidelity Research.I played records,non stop till I dropped.That was 21 years ago.I have spent tons of dough,re,& re discovering what else was in those gruves.that was the biggest-for -the least.Kids,and DIY ers,proper alignment is the key.Pay to have it done well.
When I finally spent the money to buy some actual high end interconnects instead of some generic OFC cable. I hated myself for not doing it earlier.
My Biggest Sonic Improvement was when I moved up my speakers from Energy to Martin Logan. Even though there were a lot of other things that help me improve my sound but nothing compare to a brand new pair of speaker. The Bass was more on the Energy but now with Martin Logan the bass is actually more cleaner and tigher. So for me was a new paif of speaker.
Good post Slowhand. 1. After installing a dedicated AC system (and ground), my system was much too bright. Installing Synergistic Research Master Couplers on amp and pre-amp corrected this such that music quality/character became great. 2. Replacing Muse M-2 DAC with ML 360S DAC.
Living in a condo, with horrible power, I've found a Chang Lightspeed 9600 ISO was a HUGE upgrade for a little investment. The noise was completely gone, bass was tighter and more abundant, soundstage opened up, hell I love it so much I bought a 9900 amp for the high draw components in my home theater! (I'm still waiting to get a Ps audio for the low draw- I just can't see the ~$4000 they say I'd need for my system at this time) NOTE: "at this time"! I do love this hobby!