Big Mcintosh MC1000 pwr amp s?

comment's from user's on these big mono bloc's.
are the new MC1201's better?
fonsy66
I'm getting in on this late but "avnut" very clearly has what we used to call in the industry a "tin ear"....
lgjg called it right, either you love mac or you hate it.

i personally love it, guess im a geezer too.

mike.
I have had a pair of these amps for over 6 years and love them!I have managed to blow just about every woofer ever hooked up to them though as they are so powerfull.
The systems I have used with them are EV pa's with 18" woofers as well as McIntosh XRT22 system (currently)
I was warned when I bought the amps that I would blow the woffers from one of the best Bill @ Hi Fi Haven rest his soul. But as far as reliable amps they are that and I find them to be VERY Clean as well.
i have had both mc1000's and now own a pair of mc1201's. i would not own, use, consider, think about, come near, ponder or otherwise even dream of anything besdes mcintosh as the power source for my system!

i have components and main speakers which are not mcintosh. but, the preamp, power amps, tuner, cd player and subwoofer are all mac.

i will not even address the religious questions of the way mcintosh "sounds". sound is alot like taste - no amount of convincing or argumentation will make someone like liver and onions if they hate liver and onions! similarly, no amount of convincing or argumentation will be effective on those who either love mcintosh (like me) or those who hate it. to me, mac sounds best, period. to other, it sucks, period. i'm glad i know what i like, and have a system that makes me glad to be alive!

that's all a stereo is good for. but, that's not a small thing. :-) everyday when i go home after a long day of work, i get to listen to the best sounding stereo i've ever heard. i just hope others feel the same way about their audio systems.
I have owned and heard a fair amount of hi end gear,both in the stores and more importantly in my house. I have a few systems which i enjoy...at one time or antoher I have owned or heard in my house,spectral, ARC,Linn ,Naim,Vtl,Consonce,Levinson,Goldmund etc....what do I own....I have a Mac c2200, a Mac mc252 a Mac mc275 and the little Mac cd changer...I also own a VTL 2.5 and a Vtl st 85...a Linn Ikemi,wakonda,lk100...other tube amps that I currently have are a nicely restored dynaco st70 and a pair of Radii set 3 watt mono amps. I like all the equipment i currently have BUT if I had to go with one set....it would be Mcintosh