Bi-wiring/Bi-amping...worth the fuss and expense?

Does bi-wiring and/or bi-amping justify the added expense of additional cable and/or amp? If so, why don't all speaker manufacturers (like Dynaudio) provide this capability? Assuming it does, is bi-amping meaningfully better than bi-wiring?
sydneysophia
Longho68-

That is a very good question. I spoke to John Dunlavy some
time back and he defintely supports the mono option. My personal experience has convinced me that the vertical bi-amping approach can have it's advantages. The real issues
deal with current v. distortion. If the speakers thrive on high current reserves than the vertical option may be better. In doing this, however, the cumulative distortion
and noise is doubled. Probably for most the mono option
would be better unless you have really clean amps. As always, it depends!
Thanks Orest1 and Brauser, I will give the Mono-amp with bi-wiring a try when I have the $$$..:-). I'm thinking of the Pass Lab X600(used) and/or the Odyssey Mono Block(new). In the meantime, I'm currently vertically bi-amping two s200 with an S100 preamp driving the Sony SS-M9ED speakers. Will this setup sound better if I just use 1 amp in regular bi-amp mode?

regards
Long
Bi-wiring doesn't work
If you have speakers that accept bi-wiring
You must try simply the MS-2 bi-wiring kit set of 4 small cables to bridge and it is another world.....
After biwiring my Nautilus 804s I immediately felt the floor shaking from lower bass frequency enhancement.I no longer have any desire for a subwoofer.