Bi-amping Paradigm Reference 100's - good idea?

I have an option to buy 4 Marantz MA700 monoblocks rated at 200W each and I'm considering using these to vertical bi-amp the Paradigm's. My question is have others out there bi-amped these speakers and noticed improvement in sound quality? I intend using the crossover in the speaker.
Rest of the system is a Marantz SR8000 integrated amp (which I'm using as a pre), Arcam DV78 DVD/CD and Clearaudio TT.
I've read so many contradictory opinions on the merits of this it would be good to hear from people who've actually done it.
Also I'm a tad concerned 200W into the mid/tweeters might do some harm? The MA700's have an input level control.
Thanks.
spyderphil

Showing 3 responses by spyderphil

Thanks for your response. I guess my real question is if the Paradigm's will sound better bi-amped? I'm looking for greater detail and clarity.
The MA-700's were a rated A component up until a few years ago so they should be up to it, rather are the speakers?
Right, thanks Kal and Mr hosehead. I'll try to see if there's anyway I could audition a better 2 channel before making any decisions.
Thanks guys.

The consensus of opinion seems to be that a better stereo amp will give me a better sound. Exactly the information I was looking for! Since the merits of bi-amping are mostly agreed upon is it therefore fair, all things being equal, that 2 stereo amps bi-amped is better than 1 biwired is better than 4 monoblocs? Also, what's the weakness of doing this via monoblocs rather than 2-ch amp's?

Sorry for so many questions, this site is great and I'm just trying to learn.