Bi-amping ADS L-1590 or L-1290

I have looked around everywhere trying to find out how to bi-amp the ADS L-1590's without having to use the impossible to find PA1 amps. Has anyone done this with an external crossover?
abruceaudino
Thanks for all the imput. I may experiment down the road when I replace my integrated amp with a seperate pre and amp as I cannot hook an external crossover network to that as of now. They are great sounding speakers nonetheless and mighty enough on their own without the bi-amp for my room for now.
I have had my L1290's bi-amped for the past two years. I'm using a Marchand active crossover upstream of a pair of Adcom 555's. It makes a big difference in soundstage and clarity, probably mostly due to allowing the amps to focus on a narrower band of frequencies. If you haven't noticed, these speakers love power. The more the better.

Steve
Interesting comments. My L1290/2 speakers were hooked into a Rotel RMB-1066, switched for bi-amp mode, wired appropriately and I wasn't happy. On first try, it sounded pretty clean and had good low range depth but after loading up some CCR (Suzie Q) I noticed garbled output where Johns guitar seemed to dissappear on some notes. I pulled off the double cables (for amp A and amp C) and went with a single amp using the internal cross-over. Clearner but less depth of field. Currently looking for solutions to get the most of the ADS....a great little speaker
I have recently acquired a pair of L1290/2 speakers and was wondering about biamping myself. My only reservation is that I can't find anything anywhere about the proper frequency to set an external low-pass crossover. I would think a/d/s would have included this info in their owner's manual for the 1290/2's but no such luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
I just found myself a pair of ADS L-1590/2 with the org boxes in mint condition.
I have an 300 wpc mcintosh power amp. My question is can they be bi-wired?
Each speaker has 4 post 2 are ued for bi-amping. i know there are two switches on the bottom one for turning of the tweeter but what about the other?