beveridge speakers are coming back

beveridge speakers are in the works of finishing up on a new model. the speakers are in a hifi store in santa rosa. the shortcomings are beeing worked out....
bayareaskater
Dave,

I also listened to probably those same Beveridges on Woodward but can't remember the store. Any idea what it was? I don't think it was Harry Francis' but can't remember anyting about it except the big Beveridges.
Tom

No, I can't remember which shop it was. That stretch of Woodward (9 mile to around 14 mile) had 5-6 high-end shops in those days...seems like it was on the south bound side.

I do remember that cd had hit the market around or not long after I listened to the Beveridge...the guy that ran the place would have no part of digital and I don't think they ever had a cd player in the shop, even after all the other stores started using them for demo.

If I recall...they also had the Snell Type A's that I was in love with. The Snell's were in another room (they only had two) so I don't recall if they carried both at the same time?

That was also the shop were I first came across a subwoofer, (DQ 10's along with their crossover and subs)...I bought a used pair of DQ 10's not long after although I did not get the sub's!...ahhh, memory lane. (at least what memory I have left in my old age).

Dave
I owned a pair of Beveridge 2 SW 2 speakers way back in 1979, when I lived in Sweden. Mine were white lacquer and sounded fantastic! The woofers were the only week link, which I modified and got to perform well. I have played 15 ips master tapes of organ music, that I myself made on this system and there was plenty of dynamics, extention and deep bass! I had to sell this pair when I moved to the US in 1981. Last December, I gave myself a Xmas present and obtained a pair of 2 SW 2s, also white lacquer (!), to regain the lost "Garden of Eden"!!!
NOTHING, I have heard or owned since can match these classics!