Better amplification for Thiel CS 1.5

A friend of mine sold me some Thiel CS 1.5 speakers earlier this summer (quite an improvement over my Infinity Reference speakers), and has started me down the audiophile path. I am currently running them with a Kenwood VR-407 5.1 receiver (5 X 100 w/ch @ 8 ohms), but I know these speakers can produce a better sound. I don't have very much money. Any recomendations would be welcome (I'd like to get Krell, Classe, or Rotel).
jakeb3
My friend that sold me the Thiels said he had really good luck mating them with a Hafler Trans-Nova amp., it is made for the studio or low watt road gigs (and not too expensive at all). He said that he also had used a Bryston amp to drive it. He thought that I should look into Hafler, Crest, and Crown. The search continues...

JSB III
you slimy piece of xxxx. your speakers bxxw a big one. no amp on this planet will ever make them sound good. especially if your the one setting them up.
Walker6string makes an interesting point. I have had problems in the past blowing the tweeters in my Thiels while playing them at high volumes for long periods. Luckly Thiel is customer friendly, offers a great warranty package (10 years) and will have a new replacment driver or tweeter at your door step in two to three days.

Also the setting up of those little guys is crucial (As mentioned above). You need to keep them off the back walls (At least 3') if possible. And try to fire them straight on not towed in or out.