Best way to clean glossy finish on speakers?

I have a microfiber cloth and distilled water and isopropyl alcohol. 

I can use all this to clean a TV screen and my glasses, but is there a preferred way to clean pristine glossy finish on speaker cabinets so that trace scratching does not appear?.

emergingsoul

Showing 2 responses by vandy357

I use Zaino products on my black gloss Focal Sopra 2's.  In particular I use their grand finale spray seal to remove dust on a regular basis with a soft cotton cloth.  I use their all-in-one about once a year to give the finish a nice coat of protection, these products make the surface a very slick.  I only handle the speakers with white cotton gloves if I need to move them.  So far I have only had one scuff mark on one of them, which came off with Zaino fusion polish.  They make good stuff, I have been using Zaino on my automobiles for probably 15 plus years.  Right now I am looking into a ceramic product, the only problem is there are so many out there it is hard to weed out all of the junk, I have tried a couple that were just that.

@mijostyn I am certainly not good enough with a rotary polisher to use that on my speakers, if you don't know what you are doing with one of those you can burn clean through the paint.

I don't need anything like the CQ Quartz because my speakers are not in the weather that beats up on a wax, the summer sun in the Memphis area is really hard on automobile paint.

@emergingsoul I am not sure what kind of paint is on my Sopra speakers but it sure looks like automotive paint.  I use the products to help protect the finish and make them easier to wipe down when dust settles on them, (and finger prints that always seem to make their way onto my speakers).  If you don't want to use anything like that that then I would suggest a soft damp cloth followed by a dry cloth.  You just have to be careful what kind of cloth you use because they can scratch the painted surface, Griot's has some really good cleaning cloths and other products to remove dust and other contaminates without scratching the surface.