best video quality Esoteric DV-50 or Blue Ray

i own an Esoteric DV-50 an am wondering if the picture quality with say an Oppo-95 Blue Ray is better.

i own a projector (Panasonic 7000) an am wondering if i should sell my Esoteric, which is only used for video and get a Blue Ray player?
iron
If you are only going to watch Standard Definition DVD's then I doubt the Oppo would deliver any better picture than DV50. I had a Theta Carmen II and Oppo 83SE at the same time and the theta was every bit as good or slightly better than Oppo on Standard Def DVD. Blueray was obviously a superior picture on the Oppo than Standard Def DVD on the Theta.

i realize that i didn't include that the Esoteric DV-50 only has analog output for the video

and

the oppo has HDMI.

(i just bought fiber optic HDMI cables)

is 1 month enough time to burn in the Oppo?

thanks for the input guys

Also, my Esoteric is analog video. I will be using HDMI with the Oppo. (just picked up fiber optic HDMI cable for my Fios TV video connection and will get the same for the Oppo [any BlueRay player] )

With any player, I will only use XLR (analog) cables for the sound output. Fios TV will also use the analog output to my Classe analog preamp.

(I didn’t want a digital volume control. I had a Wadia 7 & 9 combo; it’s weak link was the digital sound control)

Thanks for your input.
Well there might be a problem here, isnt upsample only possible via HDMI? I think thats how it is on my DV60 but not certain.