Best value speakers available

I was intrigued by a thread about buying new speakers in the 10k range, a speaker that just kept poping up was the magnepan 3.6. I agree that that is a super value for the money but then again so are the 1.6's. What are you picks for the best "value" speaker out there. I would prefer not to hear the wilson audio X-1 grand slamm, unless of course you are bill gates! thanks in advance for any comments.
tireguy

Showing 1 response by scotty_910

I also will applaud the Green Mountain Audio Europas. I congratulate Roy for finding a way to produce these speakers at this retail price point. It is a tribute to great design and smart production that he can do this. It raises the bar for other speaker manufacturers out there. The cast marble enclosure not only provides significantly better performance from a sound perspective, but also allows for an extremely competitive price point. I for one am thrilled that great audio can be had for less than a fortune. It is products like this that can reach a significantly larger audience and turn more people on to the joys of great sounding audio.