best used system for 10k$

As with most younger audiophiles, money is sadly a factor.Will anyone please advise me of a "tried and true" used system for under 10k?
streetman4cf5

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

Well Streetman, age should not have to play a role when it come to not having money being a factor is concerned. I am almost 38 y/o (and assumedly, I have been out there longer than you have), and I still don't have enough money to do what I want to do. What makes matters worse is, I have champagne taste, but all I have is a beer budget to work with. And that has played a big role when it has come to me putting my audio system together. In fact, I have went the used route when putting together my system as well. I got my amp (an Adcom GFA-545II) used, my tuner used (a Magnum Dynalab FT-101) and right now, I am looking for a used cd player (a Meridian 506.20 or a Meridian 506.24). I realize that this system doen't begin to approach $10K ($5K or $6K is more like it.... while I have gotten the amp and tuner used, the preamp (Adcom GFP-750) was brand new, the cables (MITerminator 2 and 3)are brand new, and my speakers (KEF Reference 102 w/ KUBE Equalizer -- Circa 1988) and cassette deck (Nakamichi BX-300 -- 1987) were brand new when I bought them more than a decade ago), but that's okay. It works for me and I am happy with it. You cannot die rich, so you might as well die happy. --Charles--