Best used Solid State Amp $1500.00

I HAD MY HEART SET ON AN ALEPH-3 BUT STUFF I"VE READ ABOUT IT ESPECIALLY THE POOR BASS HAS ME SPOOKED.THE STEREOPHILE REVIEW GOT ME HOOKED ON THEM 3 YEARS AGO.I HAVE A REGA 25, GRADO PLATINUM CART.ROGUE 99 WITH PHONO, HT PRO-SILWAYS,STOCK ST-70 TARA PHASE-2 PARADIGM STUDIO-80s I LISTEN TO MOSTLY CLASSIC ROCK,HEAVY METAL,MODERN ROCK AND SOME POP.I WANT TO GO SOLID STATE AND LET THE ROGUE BE MY TUBES.ANY SUGGESTIONS?
david99

Showing 2 responses by ejlif

If it was me and I had my heart set on an Aleph 3 I'd get one used. Make sure you buy it cheap enough and if you don't like it then sell it and get something else. The sound of the Aleph 3 is better than anything listed above and it would be a shame for you to miss out on it. I think I saw one for sale for 1350.00, offer 1250.00 Good luck
I have an Aleph 3 and as long as your speakers are fairly efficient and you don't want to know the walls down you'll love it. The bass is not weak either, in fact it sounds much better than the bass I get from the 150 watt tube amp that I tried. Buy one used, and stay away from the dealer, he certainly just wants to lay you away anyway and will say whatever it takes to get your money.