Best Type of Interconnect for Turntable?

Hi, I am planning to add a top-end turntable to my system, paired with my Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated with the optional phono card installed, and I'm wondering what type of interconnect I will need.  I have ALL of my devices going through one Torus RM-20 isolation transformer, which, if it matters, has a ground terminal (my Diablo amp also has a ground terminal). I plan to power the turntable with the Torus as well. Given I plan to have the turntable directly next to my amp, I'm guessing the simplest interconnect would be a 0.75m RCA.

I see that many brands (Audioquest, etc) offer phono-specific interconnects, and interconnects with ground cables etc. 

Given my setup, what type of interconnect should I be after for my turntable - a phono-specific RCA cord, an RCA that has a third ground wire, or just a plain old dual channel RCA?

nyev

Showing 2 responses by rodman99999

What you pick for a phono cable (for the best sound), should be determined by the type of cartridge chosen (MC/MM/MI) and that cart's specific loading requirements*.

To many variables for any specific advice, until you narrow the field way down.

*Further info, under Cartridge Loading, in this article:

https://sumikophonocartridges.com/what-is-a-phono-cartridge/

Make that, "TOO many variables..."

Need to proofread/proof-read/proof read, now and then!